Getting Back on Track :)

These past few days I have been working on quite a bit of art projects that I could do with my kids for a fun Halloween on Friday. I have been timing myself and taking notes on most of my projects. I’ve been keeping track of how much I spend on each project to ensure that I get all the hours in for this class. It is also nice to keep track of it because it will hopefully one day give me an estimate of how long it would take me to do each project with my kids. Some projects take longer than others especially if I am painting I have to wait for the paint to dry before doing anything else. I also decided to make little notes on sticky notes and attaching them to each project, in hopes that it will help me in the future. Some of the notes I take include if I need to pre-trace pictures so all the kids have to do is cut out the picture. Or how much cotton balls I used, stuff like that, that would save me some time later on.

The first fun project was super easy it was just a cotton ball ghost. I traced out a ghost on white paper and just attached cotton balls all over and then glued on its face. This project took me 10 minutes to create and it was super easy and fun.

The next project was a pumpkin. For this one I painted a paper plate orange and waited it to dry. Once it was dry I painted on his face with black acrylic paint. I also attached a green pipe cleaner to the top of the plate.

Another fun project that I could use for upper elementary grades was two bats with an orange background. I really liked this one because I like to smear the paint and mix it in together to create like a sunset looking background. I think that this is a good example of how to show the kids what mixing colors properly can do. For this one I think I would draw out the bats and have them cut it out if they are younger and if the kids are older than just have them draw their own!

I also did a fun spider web. I had originally wanted to use crayon and water color to get the water color to make it a water color resist. (This is something I learned in art for elementary teachers). But I totally failed! I need to look up how to do it to get a refresher. It still turned out really cool though so I’m not ruling this project out I just expected it to go differently.

The last few art projects I did and thought I could probably include were emoji “costumes” for some of the staff members at Chadron Primary.  This year the staff members at the primary school decided to dress up as emoji’s so I cut out big yellow circles and drew in faces.

I get to teach one of these art projects to my first graders on Friday so I am pretty excited! I haven’t decided what I want them to do yet but I can’t wait, wish me luck! All of the projects together took me about two hours. 🙂

 

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Getting Back on Track :)

  1. Alondra,
    I love your projects! They are so neat and it sounds like the students will really like to make them! It’s great that your project helps you create projects that you can use in the future with your students! Great post!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s